marți, 30 octombrie 2012

Interview with Julie Cassar


Welcome to my blog Julie! !Thank you for your interview!!!


1)Please tell us something about you and about your series Ruby Blue?

My background is in fine art and I have worked as a graphic designer and painter. I am a mother of three and for the past 11 years have worked part time as a legal assistant. In between family, work, painting, photography and writing, I recently started running and ran my first half-marathon in October 2011. I love coffee, ice cream, wine, chocolate, really good pizza and dancing at the local pub (not necessarily all at the same time! Haha!) I’ve actually had this story in my head for about six or seven years. It’s hard to remember exactly how it came to me because it’s been with me for so long. I started to really love gardening (like my mom) about 10 years ago… and I have always been drawn to the magic of fairies. After my son was born in 2004, as I worked in the garden, I began to get the ideas for this story. I always thought it would be a children’s book, then, I realized that the story I wanted to tell was a bit more mature… and out came Ruby Blue. It’s a YA fantasy/romance book about your average teenager, who is constantly being annoyed by her little brother, is best friends with possibly the only Goth kid in town, and she has a secret... she can see fairies. After possibly the hottest guy she’s ever known finally asks her out, she can barely manage a two-word sentence when a series of bizarre incidents strike their lakeside town. As an ancient myth unfolds, Ruby and her friends must tackle some extraordinary circumstances with her very ordinary abilities.
2)When did you realize you wanted to be a writer and who are the some of your biggest influences?

I didn’t realize that I wanted to write until 2010. That was when I wrote my first novel (still unpublished.) Some of my biggest influences are my kids…but my ideas come from everywhere.

3)Where do you get the motivation to keep writing and doing what you love?

Ahhh. This is a tough one. It’s hard to say. I’ve had the idea for Ruby for so long, and now that I’ve writing her story, I just wait for the characters to tell me what happens next. It’s kind of like I’m watching a really good movie in my head. Sometimes I write every day…and other times, I go weeks without writing any new scenes. I try not to rush the process. It’s hard to find the time to do it, and I tend to do a lot of my writing late at night. I do have another idea for another series, but I won’t start writing that one until Ruby is finished, probably sometime next summer.


4)Which is your favorite book and favorite author?

Too many to pick just one! But I absolutely love the Twilight Saga, and I’m not ashamed to admit it.

5)Outside of writing what you do for fun?

Well, of course I love reading! But outside of books, I love music and dancing and I love photography and painting. I also like to craft things and do scrapbooking…although I don’t have much time for that anymore. In the spring and summer I like to work in my garden. I try to run three times a week and I enjoy doing races every so often to see how hard I can push myself.

6)If you could carry only three things with you to a secluded place, what would those three things be?

My running shoes, my iPod and my Nook.

7) What are you hoping to achieve with your books?

A blissful escape resulting in happy readers. End game? A publishing deal.

8)While you are writing ,have you discovered a character that you where developing feelings of love and for?And was there a character that gave you a headaches?

YES! I absolutely have developed a crush on one of my characters! I simply adore Brennan. I have to say, none of my characters have ever given me a headache…they are all much to fun to write…even the not-so-nice ones… I love finding out what shenanigans they are going to pull.

9)Which is your favorite quote?

I have lots…but here are a few of my favorites:

"Even if you fall flat on your face at least you are moving forward."
- Sue Luke

“The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” Eden Phillpotts

“Human beings are made up of flesh and blood, and a miracle fiber called courage.”
-George Patton

"You can't go back and make a brand new start, but you can start now and make a brand new end."
-Jack Garmise

"Fiction is a lie. And GOOD fiction is the truth inside the lie.” – Stephen King


10)Anything else you want to share with your romanians readers?

I just want to say thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy Ruby and her friends! And, I’d like to encourage you all to please leave reviews at Amazon and Goodreads for all of your favorite Indie authors because it helps us out more than you know and it lets us know you are enjoying our work!
Contact:Facebook
Goodreads
Web site

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Subscribe to our newsletter